This is a mobile world and progressive law firms are no exception. Lawyers conduct business on the desktop in the office, the laptop at home, the tablet in the courthouse and the smart phone at dinner. Long gone are the days when a one-person billing program adequately provides the service you need for your practice.
In this post, we are going to consider the limitations of “traditional” billing systems with the convenient features of TimeSolv.
Older billing providers, like Timeslips, are generally server based. The program must be installed on a dedicated server, which can be costly and often requires the assistance of a service technician. The server essentially works with a limited number of computers and its capability does not extend to mobile devices. For a solo practitioner, who only bills from a single computer, this type of program may prove effective.
But, as I mentioned above, what modern-day attorney only works from a single office computer? This type of set up results in inaccurate guessing about time tracking and lost pieces of paper with billing notes scribbled on them. You end up wasting time and losing money.
TimeSolv offers convenience
The cloud-based TimeSolv system supports mobility within you practice. It makes the billing process quick and easy, whether you are sitting at your desk in the office or on a blanket at the beach. Let’s look at some of the relevant features:
- The TimeSolv Mobile App is available for iPhones and Android devices. With a simple download, you can have the flexibility of adequately tracking time, even when on the go. Say you are out running an errand when a client calls. Just start the timer from your phone and end it when the conversation ends. Your time is accurately tracked. It even works without internet access, so you can easily turn that long flight into working, billable hours.
- TimeSync Desktop App offers easy and convenient offline time tracking. Online billing software is a standard expectation within the legal billing industry, but TimeSolv developers understand that there are times when a wireless connection is just not available. To address this problem, they offer a desktop application for Windows and Mac users. With this feature, you can accurately track your time no matter where you are located. When an internet connection becomes available, one click syncs the logged hours with your TimeSolv billing system. You never have to worry about losing track of your time, due to a weak wireless connection or automatic shut off. Your logged hours are safely stored until you are able to sync them.
Mobility is an important factor for success in today’s legal industry. Your practice needs the proven ability to track time accurately, regardless of location. TimeSolv has a proven track record of providing a level of convenience that server-based billing programs cannot. Click here to start your free trial today.
About Erika Winston:
Erika Winston is a Virginia based writer with a passion for all things legal. As a former domestic relations attorney, she understands the challenge of determining the best fee structure for your practice. Erika is a regular contributor to TimeSolv and a variety of other publications.
Latest posts by Erika Winston (see all)
- How virtual paralegals can increase profitability using TimeSolv Legal - September 19, 2019
- Why data analytics is essential for your law firm marketing plan - September 17, 2019
- 5 Reasons your law firm needs legal software for improved productivity - September 12, 2019