Client confidence leads to repeat clients and valuable referrals. The most successful law firms work hard to create attorney client relationships built on trust, reliability, and mutual respect. If you are seeking to improve customer service standards within your firm, consider these four steps to promoting client confidence.
- Partner with clients towards a common goal – In a successful attorney client relationship, the client feels included in the direction of the case. This requires you to actively listen and consider the interests and goals of the client. While the legalities of the case are ultimately your responsibility as a legal professional, there is likely still room for client input. Inform the client about major decisions and solicit opinions when appropriate. When clients feel their perspectives matter, it creates a greater sense of confidence in your legal abilities.
- Do your job – The best way to earn client confidence is to provide the service you were hired to provide. Clients recognize effort and appreciate when you work hard to secure the best possible outcome. Make sure you meet all deadlines and put forth your best efforts on every single case to create lasting client confidence.
- Provide a high level of customer service – Customer service begins when a potential client’s first contacts your firm. Make sure that every member of your staff understands the firm’s commitment to customer service. Make sure clients are always treated with respect, on the phone and in person. Telephone calls should be returned promptly and questions should be answered completely. A client portal is extremely helpful in this regard. Clients are able to log on independently and see progress made on their case. It essentially automates customer services with a tool that continually meets client needs.
- Bill accurately – One of the fastest ways to kill client confidence is to send an inaccurate bill. Individuals value their money and they want to be billed correctly when paying for a service or product. Avoid billing mistakes by using a trustworthy legal time tracking and billing system. Also, review bills for completeness and accuracy before providing them to clients.
Client confidence is a key component of a managing a successful law firm. Never underestimate the value of a happy client.
About Erika Winston:
Erika Winston is a Virginia based writer with a passion for all things legal. As a former domestic relations attorney, she understands the challenge of determining the best fee structure for your practice. Erika is a regular contributor to TimeSolv and a variety of other publications.
Latest posts by Erika Winston (see all)
- How virtual paralegals can increase profitability using TimeSolv Legal - September 19, 2019
- Why data analytics is essential for your law firm marketing plan - September 17, 2019
- 5 Reasons your law firm needs legal software for improved productivity - September 12, 2019