Timeslips is one of the most commonly used legal time tracking and billing software systems in the legal community, but should it be? There are numerous billing options on the market and many of them offer services comparable to Timeslips. But one legal time tracking and billing system not only compares to it, but also out performs this legacy system in numerous ways. The folks at TImeSolv have diligently worked to provide all the Timeslips benefits, without the Timeslips headache. The following explores how they have successfully met this goal and how your practice can benefit from their efforts.
Providing the Timeslips benefits… and more
At its inception, Timeslips was at the forefront of electronic time tracking and legal billing. It provided attorneys with a more efficient and convenient method of handling one of the legal profession’s most dreaded tasks. But times have changed, and electronic billing has advanced far beyond the capabilities and offerings of this legacy system. TimeSolv is now on the forefront of providing the most effective, convenient and efficient legal time tracking and billing capabilities. These professionals have not only ensured that their system provides all the traditional services available under Timeslips, but they have also d to improve areas where Timeslips is weak. Let me give you some examples:
- Mobility – TimeSolv uses a cloud-based system to ensure that attorneys have access to accurate time tracking and billing from virtually anywhere in the world. Even if there is no internet available, you can track your time and synch it when a connection becomes available. We live in a mobile society that Timeslips just isn’t built to handle with its physical server requirements, but with TimeSolv’s mobile application, you are no longer confined to the four walls of your office.
- Trust account capability improvements – One common complaint about TimeSlips is the limited capability it offers in terms of client trust accounts. TimeSolv has greatly expanded trust account capability, allowing for such improvements as auto-pay, so clients can independently replenish their trust accounts when they fall below a specified balance.
Eliminating the headaches
Timeslips users are extremely vocal about their grievances with the system, and some of the most common complaints center around prohibitive costs and a lack of usability. The TimeSolv system addresses both problems with innovative measures that are designed to maximize law firm profits, while minimizing time spent on time tracking and billing. Let’s look at how TimeSolv tackles some of the more specific legacy system gripes.
- Expensive upgrades – Timeslips requires users to upgrade to their most recent software versions, or risk losing technical support. These upgrades are extremely expensive and outside the budgetary limitations of many small and mid-sized firms. Those who cannot afford them are left without technical support from the company when their systems fail to operate correctly. At TimeSolv, all upgrades are included in the service price. Each client consistently has the benefit of the most up-to-date system offerings, without the hassle of time-wasting service calls or prohibitive costs. In addition, our updates and upgrades are handled in way that minimizes downtime. So, you can keep tracking and billing instead of waiting for a service tech to physically upgrade your antiquated system.
- Tech support – Many Timeslips users are forced to pay for expensive service contractors when in need of assistance with their systems. They may have outdated software that Timeslips will no longer service, or they need more help than what is offered under their contract. These service calls are so expensive that there are entire companies built on providing technical services for legacy legal billing systems. At TimeSolv, users benefit from in-house technical support that is available Monday through Friday from 9 am until 8 pm. They also offer urgent support options, just in case an emergency occurs outside of the regular support hours. There is no need to call in an expensive tech. Just pick up the phone or shoot them an email for the technical support you need to stay up and running.
- Learning curve – The folks at TimeSolv believe that their software must be user-friendly to be effective. Timeslips is notorious for the challenge involved in learning and using their system. But what good is a system that no one in your law practice knows how to use? TimeSolv offers extensive resource materials and how-to videos right on their website. New users can also take advantage of personalized training sessions. With the online meetings, you and your staff can take advantage of screen share, so you can learn from the TimeSolv professional as he or she guides you through the steps of using the program. There’s no steep learning curve with TImeSolv, but they are still there to help you through every step of the way.
- Expensive server – Timeslips requires the use of a server for operation. For a new user, that means the added cost of purchasing and setting up a dedicated server within your office. For an existing user, servers require expensive upgrades and maintenance. What happens if your server breaks down on a Friday afternoon? Do you know how much a tech will charge for a weekend service call? I’m pretty sure it’s a lot more than you want to pay. With TimeSolv, there is no server requirement. The system is entirely cloud-based, with all maintenance and updates occurring on their end. You don’t need to worry about the cost, maintenance, or repair of a server – which saves you time, money, and stress.
TimeSolv is similar to Timeslips in that it provides all the basic services that Timeslips offers, but it is also far superior in saving your law practice time and money. If you are seeking a legal time tracking and billing system for your practice, click here to take advantage of TImeSolv’s free trial. The benefits mentioned in this post are only the tip of the iceberg. With a free trial, you can learn all the ways that TimeSolv can benefit your firm. There’s no financial obligation and I’m confident that you will be a satisfied customer by the end of your trial experience.
About Erika Winston:
Erika Winston is a freelance writer with a passion for law. Through her business, The Legal Writing Studio, she helps legal professionals deliver effective written messages. Erika is a regular contributor to TimeSolv and a variety of other publications.