Does your law practice have a digital strategy? If your answer is no or you’re scratching your head about what a digital strategy is, this is the post for you.
What is a Digital Strategy
Digital strategy refers to your online marketing efforts, which are extremely important in this society of internet-based everything. It includes your website and social media presence, as well as other digital marketing tools. Failing to thoughtfully plan out these efforts can lead to ineffective and costly promotion attempts. By taking the time to create a digital strategy, you can better position your firm for successful marketing tactics that result in more clients and greater profits.
Digital Strategy Methods
If you still believe that a website is sufficient to establish a competitive online presence within the legal community, you desperately need a crash course in digital marketing.
Your website is only the beginning. It serves as a homebase for your firm and its additional online efforts, but there are many more tools and strategies you can use to attract potential clients to your firm.
- Video production – From streaming video platforms like Facebook Live to informational video podcasts, visual imaging offers law firms a tool for connecting with new and existing clients. It may seem like a difficult task, but with a smartphone, a substantive topic, and the right social media account, your can easily demonstrate your knowledge to a substantial audience.
- Advanced traditional marketing – if you prefer to stick with more traditional marketing methods, like print or television advertising, consider how you can up your game with digital strategies. Virtually every media outlet has an online presence. Why not speak with your marketing representative about advertising opportunities on their website or social media platforms. With their established audience, this can be a great way to quickly expand and strengthen your digital marketing efforts.
- Marketing analytics – In increasing numbers, law firms are discovering the value in marketing analytics. Lawyers are using the data provided by these statistics to create effective and specifically targeted campaigns. Analytics allow you to see which efforts are bringing clients through the door and which are not. You can delegate this task to the internet guru on your staff, or bring in a consultant to help you get started.
As you think about the direction of your firm in 2018, consider the profitability of your current online marketing methods. If the numbers are not where you want them, it’s time for a new digital strategy.
About Erika Winston:
Erika Winston is a freelance writer with a passion for law. Through her business, The Legal Writing Studio, she helps legal professionals deliver effective written messages. Erika is a regular contributor to TimeSolv and a variety of other publications.
Latest posts by Erika Winston (see all)
- How virtual paralegals can increase profitability using TimeSolv Legal - September 19, 2019
- Why data analytics is essential for your law firm marketing plan - September 17, 2019
- 5 Reasons your law firm needs legal software for improved productivity - September 12, 2019