In a busy law office, the ringing of the telephone is constant. It rings first thing in the morning, during lunch and all the way up until closing time. Now, this is not necessarily a bad thing. It means that work is being done and clients are being served.
Hopefully, it also means that new clients are being retained. But what percentage of these calls are from clients asking for a status update, wanting to know the balance of their trust account, or wanting to make a payment? While each of these inquiries is important, they also create work for your support staff and take them away from more profitable tasks.
What if there was a way that your clients could log into their own personalized accounts and find much of this desired information on their own… without calling your office telephone?
Allow me to introduce the TimeSolv Client Portal. This feature of TimeSolv’s legal billing software can keep your clients informed while potentially cutting down on less profitable administrative efforts.
How It Works
Each client is provided an individualized logon to access the portal. By logging into their personal accounts, they can view the following:
- Trust account balances – They no longer have to call the office and inquire about replenishing their retainer. You can even set up automatic notifications if the balance drops below a certain level.
- Current and historical invoices – Every law office gets bombarded with requests for invoice copies, especially during tax season. With the portal, clients can easily view and print their own invoices without burdening your staff.
- Payment histories – No more phone calls asking if you received a payment. Clients can log into the portal and see what exactly which payments are reflected in their account balance.
- Work in progress – Clients can view work completed on their individual matters, even if it has not yet been billed.
In collaboration with LawPay, TimeSolv’s client portal also offers a credit card and ACH payment processing platform. Clients can pay their invoices and replenish their trust accounts online. They can even schedule recurring payments to be made at scheduled times.
Why does your office need a client portal? Your support staff is valuable to the success of your practice, and every minute spent answering a billing question or printing an old invoice is time away from more profitable tasks.
Discover how the TimeSolv client portal can help increase productivity and profitability within your office. Try it free for 30 days. There are no obligations and you don’t even need a credit card to get started.
About Erika Winston:
Erika Winston is a Virginia based writer with a passion for all things legal. As a former domestic relations attorney, she understands the challenge of determining the best fee structure for your practice. Erika is a regular contributor to TimeSolv and a variety of other publications.
Latest posts by Erika Winston (see all)
- How virtual paralegals can increase profitability using TimeSolv Legal - September 19, 2019
- Why data analytics is essential for your law firm marketing plan - September 17, 2019
- 5 Reasons your law firm needs legal software for improved productivity - September 12, 2019