In the age of credit and debit cards, law firms must be ready to accept various forms of payment in order to stay competitive within the legal community. But for attorneys, the proper acceptance of card payments involves much more than a simple card reader. You must also ensure that you are following the ethical rules of your state to protect client confidentiality and correctly handle client funds.
LawPay is a credit card processing company that has gained the trust and endorsement of over 42 state bars. Working exclusively within the legal community, LawPay provides attorneys with a secure method of accepting credit card payments. Take a look at how it works:
- LawPay can be used right from a computer, tablet or cell phone. It offers the option for a staff member to input the credit card manually or allows clients to enter their own payment information. The program handles all provided information, so your office has no need to store and protect cardholder data.
- Collecting additional payments is a breeze with LawPay. You can easily recharge a prior payment or schedule recurring payments without requiring clients to provide additional credit card information.
- LawPay provides you with confidence, by maintaining a secure platform. With excellent fraud protection and security standards that exceed credit card industry standards, you can rest assured that your clients’ payment information is adequately protected.
- Trust account compliance is extremely important and LawPay takes this responsibility seriously, working with state bars to tailor its services to the law practice industry. Third party access is prohibited to prevent unauthorized use of client funds or problem-causing overdrafts. The LawPay professionals work hard to keep you in compliance with your state’s IOLTA regulations.
Only one thing makes LawPay better. That’s a law firm billing system that greatly simplifies the entire time tracking and billing process. TimeSolv offers that solution, with a seamless process between billing your clients and correctly collecting payments. With TimeSolv, your firm gets the convenience of:
- Quick and easy time tracking – With the TimeSync app, your attorneys can track hours from a computer, tablet or smart phone. Even when there’s no internet connection, they can track client time and sync it when a connection becomes available.
- Customizable invoicing – TimeSolv allows your firm to create customized invoices that can be modified to fit your specific needs. With a few clicks of the mouse, you can personalize invoices and quickly send them to clients.
- Expense tracking – With TimeSolv, there’s no need to search through a million pieces of crumpled paper. You can easily track expenses to promote proper reimbursement from clients.
- Client Portal – The Client Portal allows clients to log in to their individual account to view bills and time tracking. With the assistance of LawPay, they can also make payments to their account on a safe and secure platform.
TimeSolv and LawPay are a perfect combination. Together, they provide your law firm with an easy-to-use billing system and widely approved credit card payment service. Try out TimeSolv’s free trial right here. See how these perfect partners can help increase the profitability and success of your practice.
About Erika Winston:
Erika Winston is a Virginia based writer with a passion for all things legal. As a former domestic relations attorney, she understands the challenge of determining the best fee structure for your practice. Erika is a regular contributor to TimeSolv and a variety of other publications.