For solo attorneys and small law firms, the process of completing their legal billing of clients presents a conundrum. On the one hand, the legal billing process can take up valuable time for attorneys who are trying to attend to the billable tasks that meet their clients’ needs, but making sure bills are promptly and accurately created, approved, and paid is obviously critical to the firm’s vitality and success. Of course, you can hire additional staff to handle billing matters, but, for many small firms, outsourced legal billing methods are far more cost-efficient. But how does outsourced legal billing work? Below is an overview of how TimeSolv’s Outsourced Legal Billing service provides a fast, efficient, and cost-effective solution for billing for small firms and solos.
Your Step-By-Step Outsourced Legal Billing Solution
At TimeSolv, we understand that lawyers and law firms bill differently than other service providers, and we designed our Outsourced Legal Billing solution specifically for solos and small firms to work with their specific needs to promote timely and accurate bills that serves the interests of both attorneys and their clients.
The steps involved with our Outsourced Legal Billing solution are as follows:
- Attorneys input their time and expenses from anywhere (including mobile devices) using TimeSolv’s Time Tracking and Expense Tracking features
- TimeSolv processes the billable time entries and expense entries by allocating them to the appropriate clients
- At the end of a billing cycle, TimeSolv creates a pdf draft bill for each specific client
- TimeSolv then forwards the draft bill via email to the managing attorney for review
- The managing attorney reviews the draft bill and provides updates as needed
- TimeSolv updates the bill and sends to the managing attorney for final approval
- After final approval is given, TimeSolv sends the final bill to the client through email, first class mail, and/or a LEDES billing channel
- TimeSolv sends a customer selected report
- The firm receives payment from the client and enters this payment into TimeSolv
TimeSolv’s Outsourced Legal Billing solutions are available to small firms for as little as $79 per timekeeper per billing cycle, based on number of timekeepers and services included.
Optimize Your Firm with TimeSolv
TimeSolv offers backend automated office solutions that brings big-firm innovation to all types of firms, no matter the size. We provide low-cost automated solutions to optimize your firm’s billing, collection, expense tracking, internal reporting, and project management efforts, and offer free training to ensure that you are maximizing all the features that TimeSolv has to offer. To start your free 30-day trial of TimeSolv’s Outsourced Legal Billing service today, click here.